Women In and Beyond the Global is a feminist Open Access forum which seeks to transform relationships among digital media, gender and democracy.
WIBG begins its investigation of the exploitation of women’s paid and unpaid labor within and beyond four social-spatial structures: the global Household, the global Prison, the global City, and global information Networks.
- Partnerships and collaborations with activists and movement organization, including:
>The Transnational Network on Women’s Issues seminar with the Center for Transnational Women’s Issues
- Open Access platform of materials and resources for activists, researchers, and students
- New feminist and activist knowledge to build global community, solidarity, and awareness
- Virtual and face-to-face meeting spaces for partners, contributors, and audience
- Global conference in 2012 for feminist scholars, activists, and librarians
The immediate and long-term goals of WIBG are identical: women’s empowerment.
Organized by the George Washington University Women’s Studies Program and the Gelman Library, WIBG is an ever-expanding group of feminist scholars, librarians, and activists.